Downloads for 2012
Feedback from 2 days of [avniR] Conference
Brochure // Programme // Speaker Bios // Participant List
1a. LCA Conference2012 opening
Moderation by Paul Hohnen,
/ Christian Traisnel, Director, cd2e,
/ Hervé Pignon, Regional Director, ADEME Nord-Pas-de-Calais,
/ Emmanuel Cau, Vice President of the Nord-Pas-de-Calais Regional Council, in charge of Environment,
1b. Sustainable Consumption and production 20 years after Rio: where we are and how Life Cycle Thinking can help
- Moderation by Paul Hohnen,
- Sylvain Chevassus, Sustainable Consumption and Production Policy Officer, CGDD France,
- Michele Galatola, Policy Officer. DG Environment, DG Environment, EU Commission,
- Fanny Demassieux, Head of the Responsible Consumption Unit, Sustainable Consumption and Production Branch, UNEP, DTIE,
Networking break and UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative phase 3 strategy launch
2a.How to communicate life cycle information to consumers and clients
- Moderation by Paul Hohnen,
- Frédéric Croison, BIO Intelligence Service, "Implementation by a large-scale retailer of a multi-criteria environmental labelling for food products: the casino environmental index "
- Emilie Bossanne, FCBA, France, “Environmental labelling applied to furniture sector"
- Sylvain Chevassus, Sustainable Consumption and Production Policy Officer, CGDD France, “First feedback from the French national environmental labeling testing”
- Tobias Schultz, Scientific Certificqtion Systems, United States of America, " Supporting a universal eco-label with robust LCA : the US experience"
- Laurent Dini, Bayer SAS, France, “The role of materials suppliers in providing environmental profiles to help their clients better understand the environmental impacts of their products”
2b.New developments in LCA: Emerging issues and additional methods
European launch of the UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative phase 3 strategy
Join representatives from United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP), partner organizations of the UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative and "Life Cycle Champions" from developing countries for this European launch of the 2012-2017 strategy, which aims to mainstream life cycle approaches across the globe.
3a. Life Cycle Management as a new key to Supply Chain Management
- Moderation by Paul Hohnen,
- Pierre-Etienne Pollez, Oxylane, France, "The challenges of engaging suppliers in ambitious life cycle programs"
- Fangcun Zhou, Eco-Mundo, France, "Integrating ecodesign within the supply chain: case study of the European research project CORINE "
- Emilie Floch, PWC, "The Accor group's environmental footprint: an application of life-cyle approach to assess and monitor an organization environmental performance"
- Vee Subramanian, Pré, United States of America, America, "Retailer Influence on Supply Chains & Consumer Behavior across the globe: Results and recommendations from a United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP) commissioned report"
3b. LCA Databases: Improving reliability and representativeness
- Moderation by Olivier Rethore, ADEME, France,
- Bo Weidema, Eco-invent, Suisse, "Key points to develop LCA databases"
- Guido Sonnemann, Université de Bordeaux, France,"Global Guidance Principles for Life Cycle Assessment Databases"
- Marco Recchioni, European Commission Joint Research Centre, "ELCD database and ILCD Data Network"
- Jean-Baptiste Bayart, Quantis, "The World Food LCA Database project: towards more accurate food datasets"
4a. Life cycle thinking in action: case studies
- Moderation by Paul Hohnen,
- 2 winners in Ecodesign concourse,
- Michael Ooms, Intertek-RDC,
- Erik Karlsson, H&M
- Eliseu Belculfine, HP Brésil,
- Benjamin Perdreau, Afnor Groupe,
- Valerie Ravez, Afnor Groupe,
4b. LCA of processes
- Moderation by Pr. Pascal DHULSTER, Directeur, ProBioGEM,
- Ana Isabel Carvalho, Technical University of Lisbon, IST, Portugal, "Sustainability in Chemical Processes: Application of different LCA methods to assess process alternatives"
- Pierre-Jean D'ans, Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium, "Sustainability in Chemical Processes: Application of different LCA methods to assess process alternatives"
- Jean-François Viot, Rhodia, "Life Cycle Environmental Assessment of Engineering Plastics compounds : need for extended databases in the field of additives"
- Vanessa Pasquet, ENSAIT / GEMTEX, "Comparison of methodologies for LCA processes: application to the dyeing of cotton"
- Angélique Leonard, University of Liège, "Life cycle assessment of an artisanal Belgian blond beer"
- Sandrine Pesnel, ENSAIT / GEMTEX, "The mercerization or how a traditional process can reduce the environmental impacts of a shirt"
Day 2: Wednesday 7 November
5a. Mainstreaming life cycle thinking sector by sector
- Moderation by Tom Swarr, UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative,
- Jude Sherry, Ecodesign Centre, United Kingdom, "LCA to Go - Developing a sector based webtool to address the business needs of SMEs"
- Naeem Adibi, Plateforme[avniR], France, "Introducing a sectorial framework to better evaluate Life Cycle Thinking (LCT) maturity"
- Leskinen Pekka,Finnish Environment Institute, Finland, "Challenges, drivers and benefits of the use of life cycle methods in Finnish companies"
- Claudia Peña, Research centre for mining and metallurgy, Chile, "Case study: Facilitating Environmental Product Declarations for mining and metal companies"
5b. Renewable energy and LCA
- Moderation by Philippe Schiesser, Directeur, écoeff
- Sandra Belboom, Laboratoire de Génie Chimique - Procédés et Développement durable, Université de Liège, "what is the best use of sugar crops? environmental assessment of two applications: biofuels vs. bioproducts"
- Noureddine Hajjaji, Ecole Nationale d'Ingénieurs de Gabés, Université de Gabés, Tunisie, "Is bioethanol sustainable? A life cycle assessment viewpoint"
- David Buchanan, Centre de Technologie Alternative, "Benefits of an LCVSM approach to base line and improve industry environmental and commercial performance: case study in the UK wind industry"
- Bastien Evon, Cycleco, "The development of LCA guideline for assessing environmental performances of photovoltaics"
6a. LCA as a decision-support tool for waste management
- Moderation by Philippe Osset,Solinnen
- Jean-Paul Cazalets, Total, France, "Nouveaux Modèles de gestion des déchets: Comment intégrer la pensée cycle de vie dans le développement et la conception de nouveaux produits"
- Geert Bergsma, CE Delft, Netherlands, "The SITA CO2 scan: a tool to calculate the climate change impact of waste management"
- François Buyle-Bodin, University Lille 1, France, "Complete recycling of concrete - socioeconomic and environmental analysis of the different industrial alternatives for natural and recycled aggregates in Nord Pas de Calais".
- Sébastien Humbert, Quantis, Switzerland, "Life Cycle Assessment of end of life options for two biodegradable packaging materials in support of flexible application of the European waste hierarchy"
6b. LCA of construction: From buildings to neighborhoods
- Moderation by Hélène Teulon, Gingko 21, France,
- Edmundo Antonio Muñoz Alvear, Departamento de Ingeniería Quimica / Instituto del Medio Ambiente, Universidad de la Frontera, Chile
- Laura Guccione Arias, Edge Environment, Australia
- Zelda Elalouf, DGALN/DHUP/QC3, France,
- Els Van de Moortel , VIBE, Belgique
- Galdric Sibiude, CSTB, France, "Toward an accurate, simple and reproducible, energy and environmental balance of buildings : the BENEFIS project"
- Matthieu Bugel, VEOLIA Environnement, France, "A hybrid tool combining EMFA and carbon footprint to assess neighbourhood project"
7a. Integrating sustainability into life cycle assessment
- Moderation by Bernard Mazijn, University of Gent, Belgium
- Jean-Pierre Revéret, CIRAIG, Groupe AGECO, Canada, "A methodological framework to assess and present socioeconomic impacts in a Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA)"
- Sonia Valdivia, United Nations Environment Programme, France, "Life Cycle sustainability approach"
- Florence Van Stappen and Alice Delcour, Walloon Agricultural Research Centre, "Their application of LCSA in the cereal sector in Wallonia"
7b. LCA and tomorrow's products: Challenges and hotspots of electric vehicles
- Moderation by Stephane Morel, RENAULT /Jéropme Payet, CYCLECO/EPFL
- Denis Le Boulch, EDF, France, "LCA of electric vehicles: electricity and electricity mix evolution"
- Hélène Teulon, Ginko 21, "Comparative LCA of electric and internal combustion engine vehicles"
- Clémence Siret, saft, "EV Battery developments and prospective close loop recycling"
- Martine Meyer, Renault, "Improvements of air quality and exposure patterns through voluntary EV policies in cities"
- Inbal Sternberg, Better Place, "Easybat project comparative environmental impact assessment of charging alternatives"
8. Evolution towards sustainable economy: How can LCA help
Closing remarks from Paul Hohnen, Conference Moderator